Fats Transfer to Forcep Mark?

Hi Doctors, I have a deep forcep mark on my left cheek ( thanks to the gynae who delivered me way back) such that it leaves an obvious dent in my cheek and as I age, the dent is being puulled into a line, will fats transfer help? I have been face exercising to counteract this but to no avail. The exercise do help build some bulk but to fill a dent like this probably needs more invasive measures. Also, will face exercise deplete all the transferred fats? Thanks a lot!

Doctor Answers 2

Fat Transfer to Forcep Mark?

This may an excellent indication for the use of fat.  You will, of course, need to be seen in person by a plastic surgeon but filling discrete defects is one of the better indications for fat injections.  As with other fillers, fat can tend to last a shorter period of time in areas of frequent movement (eg, the lips) but there is a limit as to what you can control in terms of facial movements.

I would recommend one or more consultations as your next step.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 125 reviews

Fat transfer or injectable fillers for cheek depression

Cheek depressions, whether congenital or acquired during aging, are not uncommon and in most cases can be cosmetically corrected.  Although cheek implants could be considered, today, plastic surgeons are using a patient's own fat in a surgical fat transfer to correct cheek deformities or volume loss.  Another, less invasive and less expensive, option would be to use injectable fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, or Sculptra to correct the problem.  But don't worry about exercising following your procedure, it should not undo the correction.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.