I have very fat upper arms. Is there a non invasive treatment?

I don't want lip suction or surgery to remove large fatty upper arms… what is the safest and MOST EFFECTIVE alternative method??? thanx

The improvement in your upper arms with the noninvasive techniques will give little if any improvement. The biggest benefit is to the individual charging you. Don't get talked into wasting your money.

Non invasive treatment for arms...

Unfortunately, as of right now there is not a non invasive treatment for the upper arms.  CoolSculpting could be an option to consider in the near future, but as of now there is not a standardized technique to CoolSculpt the upper arms. Liposuction and brachioplasty are excellent methods of contouring the upper arms but involve surgery.  Beware of people pushing noninvasive treatments to "tighten" your arm skin. Most of the time, you will pay money and not get a result. Just keep track of the advances in CoolSculpting, and it can't hurt to discuss your goals with an experienced plastic surgeon so you are aware of all the options.

Non-Invasive Treatment

The only non-surgical treatment for this problem would be CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting can be done on arms, but the best results are usually on the abdominal region. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers the CoolSculpting treatment and set up a consultation to find out whether you are a good candidate. You have to be able to pinch the fat and pull it away from your body in order to be considered for CoolSculpting, and even then there are times when it will not attach and you can't go through with the treatment. CoolSculpting is a great non-surgical alternative, but you may not get the same results as you would from a surgery. It's best to discuss your options with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Modest changes with cool sculpt

We have seen modest changes with cool sculpt. The advantage is that there is no time off work, it is incremental, and the results are likely to be smooth. Liposuction is a much more substantial change and recovery about 5 days for work and three weeks social. Brachioplasty is reserved for more extreme cases which include skin looseness and with patients who are willing to accept a scar. 

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Arm Lift Alternatives

Thank you for your question. Pictures would be helpful

Noninvasive treatments of the arms will give only mild improvement and work best in people with only mild fat of the upper arms.

If you have very fat arms, to use your words, then you might be disappointed with a noninvasive treatment, such as Exilis, which requires six treatments minimum on the arms to see results.

If you are content to only have partial improvement, then maybe this is right for you.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS