Fat Transfer Removal - 8 Years Post-op

It's eight years out and I still can't stand looking at myself. I had fat injected in the nasolabial folds, but the doctor decided to extend the fat halfway up my face. Some of it is gone, but I have prominent lumps on both sides of my face which make me look distorted. Can anyone recommend a doctor in or near Chicago to remove the fat?

Doctor Answers 2

Fat Transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

To remove fat from the nasolabial area and the cheeck area may require liposuction and or a face lift approach, to correct for the deformities the removal may leave. Also the fat injected could be in many planes.See a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)..

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Facial surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Also many plastic surgeons have excellent experience with facial surgeries, facial plastic surgeons dedicate their entire practice to this type of surgery and likely will have more experience.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.