Will Fat Transfer Address my Heavy Jowls and Lack of Cheek Volume and Marionette Lines?

I have heavy jowls marionette lines and loss of cheek volume..im 56, scared of getting a facelift, and wanting to know my options?

FAT TRANSFER VS FACELIFT

I most commonly perform fat transfer in conjunction with facelifting surgery.  I find that the two techniques complement one another to produce a natural and aesthetically pleasing result.  Fat transfer can fill in and volumetrically support lost volume in the face, specifically around the eyes, midface, and around the mouth.  However, only a tightening or lifting procedure can fully treat laxity of the tissues of the face and neck!

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer marionette lines facelift

Hi, your question is a good one.  Essentially the trasnfer of fat will allow a volume increase to a particular target area.  Fat is used to augment depressions, areas of hollowing and can also be used to fill  the marionette lines as well.  You can also address volume issues in the cheeks as well.  This would help to some extent offset some of the transition points around the areas of the face.  The fat transfer will not however actually address any areas of skin sag or laxity or underlying facial/neck muscle laxity.  There are other filling materials as well that can be injected that will resorb in six to nine months so you can get an idea of the effects of a fat transfer (which is permanent). 

Michael A. Carron, MD
Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination fat transfer and facelift

I know you're afraid of face lift surgery, but this skin tightening procedure will be the best way to address a sagging jawline and loose facial skin with or without fat transfer. Fat transfer will address volume loss and atrophy, but will not improve lower facial and neck skin laxity. It would be best to schedule several consultations with some of your local plastic surgeons. An evaluation in person will provide you with better comprehensive recommendations than anything that could be provided online. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Determining the Facial Procedures Best For You

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

It is possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed. 
It is extremely important to seek a board certified plastic surgeon highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.