How to Get Rid of Fat Roll on Back of Head?

Hello, I've had (what feels like) a roll of fat on the back of my head for as long as I can remember. It gives my scalp a very peculiar look. Any chance there's a non-invasive operation to get rid of this? Thanks

Scalp rolls

This is very difficult to treat. The scalp skin and soft tissue is vascular, thick and resistant to most nonsurgical options. I would be very hesitant to put a scar in this location with your hair so short. If you are willing to wear longer hair that would be an option but you have to weigh whether it is better to have the scar or the roll of tissue. 

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing extra scalp tissue

A scar would ensue if you chose to surgically correct this problem. With short hair, the scar would likely be too visible.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Rolls of the scalp

The rolls of the scalp are very tough to treat without surgical excision. There is no non surgical treatment