8 Days Post Rhino - Concerned about results, not just swelling hiding features (bridge in profile and tip in profile). (photos)

I am concerned not all features performed. Op plan: 1 - shortening length. 2 - lifting tip, 3 - straightening bridge in front view & straightening slightly scooping profile view, 4 - reducing overall size, 5 - defining tip (bulbous/droopy). During my recovery - minimal bruising, by day 4 all bruising/swelling gone. BRIDGE Profile - I see no straightening/scooping of bridge. Appears to be minimal swelling along top (bone hard and sounds like bone when tapping). TIP PROFILE - No lift.

You should address your concerns about your nose with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Digital photos are not a substitute for an examination, and 8-days postoperative rhinoplasty is too soon to judge your final result. Based on your profile photo, your nose does not appear shortened, and your nasal tip does not appear to have significant rotation. Swelling will continue to resolve, but it's not clear whether your tip will rotate upwards during your recovery. Wishing you all the best. Dr Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It is much too early for you to evaluate your result after 1 week of the surgery. It actually takes up to one full year for the nose to completely heal, but around three to four months after the surgery the changes will be the most obvious. Please follow the recovery guidelines provided by your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trust your doctor

Based off of your pictures, I am having a hard time identifying the issue with your nose. Your nose is in a very sensitive healing process right now. Severe swelling occurs in the first couple of weeks after a rhinoplasty. It usually takes 1-3 years for swelling to fully dissipate after a rhinoplasty. If you still don't like your nose in a couple weeks, contact your doctor with your concerns. 

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Trust your doctor

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD