Received lift and augmentation, is something wrong with my right breast? (photos)

Hi, 10 days ago I got a lift through the nipple, and a 400 silicone implant on my left side...325 on my right side. (My right side used to be my larger breast).My right breast looks a bit flatter/smaller/compressed/more bunched. Also the nipple looks off center. Something just looks off to me. She said the right one was harder to work on. Does this look normal? Also...the rash on my left breast is just eczema,had it before surgery.

Received lift and augmentation, is something wrong with my right breast?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns of the breast surgery.  Based on your photographs your concerns are understandable; significant breast asymmetry is present.  Although it is too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed, based on the existing asymmetry, I would not be surprised if additional surgery becomes necessary to improve your outcome/symmetry.  Your plastic surgeon will always be best resource when it comes to more specific evaluation,  advice, and/or reassurance.  Best wishes.

Lift and augmentation

It looks like you are very early in the post-op period. You have to give it more time to settle down. This can take 4-6 months. Best of luck.

Things should improve over time

Thank you for your question and photographs. It appears that, in addition to your right side being larger prior to surgery, it also had more sagging. I say this because there is more bunching of the skin around the edge of the areola which implies that more skin was removed on that side. One of the problems with the donut mastopexy is that it tends to flatten the breast, reducing the natural cone shape.  This generally improves over time as does the skin wrinkling. As you appear to have had significant asymmetry prior to surgery, you will still have some even after you are fully healed. It will take many months to see the final result, so try to be patient and follow your surgeon's advise. Good luck.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Am I healing OK?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  At 10 days it is too soon to speculate on if things are ok.  For many patients the surgery and healing are such that one may look distorted (especially if it was not the same before surgery).  Give your body time to heal and keep in touch with your surgeon. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants - is my right breast ok?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.
  • So soon after surgery, things will not look as they will when you heal.
  • The right side has more puckering which willimprove.
  • The nipple position is hard to judge because the left implant is still high.
  • It will take time for it to come down and settle behind the breast.
  • So for this stage - nothing seems worrisome.
  • Give it time and wait a full six months to judge your final result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift with implants. Is something wrong with my right breast?

Thank you for your question.  Being 10 days out is still very early in the recovery period.   The puckering around your areola is normal and what we call a purse string lift.  This will smooth out over time.  As far as the breast looking smaller, it appears from the photo, that your left implant is sitting higher and hasn't settled in the pocket yet. It can take several months for all of this to settle and to see the desired result.  Follow up with your PS appointments and give it time.  

Chad Robbins, MD