Received ba/bl; why is one breast smaller/higher/flatter than my other breast? (Photos)

i'm now one month post op....Before I had my surgery...I was asymmetrical. My right breast was bigger than my left. Now, my right breast looks flatter, smaller, and less full. I don't understand why they look so different. Also, why when I raise my arms one breast goes higher than the other? Will my right breast ever project more? Or stay flat/odd shaped like that? Thank you in advance! This has been driving me crazy!

Breast asymmetry

Asymmetry between two breasts is normal. Somethings can be improved on in surgery and others not.  Best to give it time to heal and re-assess at the 4-6 month mark.

Post breast lift with augmentation

At 4 weeks it is still early in the healing process after breast lift and augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. Give your body time to heal as it can take 3 months to see your results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

From the pictures, it does appear that you do have some asymmetry as you mentioned.  However, being only 1 month out, it's likely that some of that asymmetry will settle as you go through the healing process.  I recommend continuing to follow closely with your doctor and follow their recommendations.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation/lifting surgery…

I am sorry to hear about your concerns of the breast surgery.  Based on your photographs your concerns are understandable; significant breast asymmetry is present.  Although it is too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed, based on the existing asymmetry, I would not be surprised if additional surgery becomes necessary to improve your outcome/symmetry.  Your plastic surgeon will always be best resource when it comes to more specific evaluation,  advice, and/or reassurance.  Best wishes.

Received ba/bl; why is one breast smaller/higher/flatter than my other breast?

You are still early in recovery and I expect that your result will continue to improve for the next 3-4 months.  My guess is that more tissue had to be removed on the right side which is causing the tightness and the creases around the areola.  As your tissues stretch and the breast expands to accommodate the implant I think hyou will be happier with this result.