Is a pubic lift with liposuction a part of the tummy tuck procedure?

Is a pubic lift with liposuction in the pubic area done as part of a tummy tuck procedure? Is it an extra cost, or is it included in the price if it is needed? I have seen some "after" photos where the pubic area looks thicker than it did before the tummy tuck (I dont want this to happen to me). Do I need to ask my surgeon to do this?

Pubic Contouring

Every procedure is specific to the needs of the patient but, in general, most patients benefit from liposuction of the pubic area at the time of an abdominoplasty and this is included in the fee for the abdominoplasty.  The pubic area will also be lifted as part of the procedure but swelling will settle in the area postoperatively so the final appearance may not be completely apparent for several months.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Pubic area in a tummy tuck

The fullness in the pubic area should be treated during a tummy-tuck, and there should not be an extra charge. It is, however, always a good idea to discuss all of your concerns with your surgeon before the procedure.

William H. Gorman, MD

Pubic Lift or Liposuction

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate. The inclusion of a pubic lift or liposuction is not necessary unless it is essential to your specific case. The swelling that occurs in this area after the surgery will eventually reduce on its own, and usually just takes patience and as much care as possible for the area.

Pubic lift is a part of TT

Thank you for your question. It is not a part of it in general. Please express your concerns to a PS at the time of consultation. Good luck

It is not part of tummy tuck

Discuss your expectations and needs with your surgeon at time of your consultation. Pubic lift can be done at same time as tummy tuck but it is not part of it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Is pubic lift with liposuction part of a tummy tuck

In a tummy tuck procedure, a pubic lift is inherent as you tighten the abdominal skin. The only time I perform liposuction of the mons pubis is when the tissue thickness of the pubic area doesn't "match" the thickness of the "new" abdominal skin thickness resulting from the tummy tuck procedure. I don't charge my patients for this liposuction.

I think most plastic surgeons would do that for their patients but you should definitely discuss this with your Board Certified plastic surgeon. I hope that helps you. Good luck.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD