How can I ease the pain of breast augmentation (photos)

My left breast burns a lot and I can barely use that arm compared to my right side. It feels so swollen and very sensitive to touch. I am 1 week post opp today. I still can't lay in bed elevated for it hurts wayyy too much getting up and down I actually need help. I go in for my post opp check on monday

Ask your surgeon

Usually some combination of anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants will ease the pain at one week, but occasionally narcotics are still required.  Everyone recovers at their own rate.  I've had patients that never took a single pain pill after their breast aug (unusual) and others that were still on narcotics at one week (also unusual).  The good news is that all this is temporary and you likely will "turn the corner" soon.

Lawrence Plastic Surgeon

How can I ease the pain of breast augmentation

Congratulations on your recent surgery. Best to let your plastic surgeon know your discomfort; it is possible that adjustment of your pain medications may be helpful. For example, sometimes the addition of muscle relaxants and/or anti-inflammatories may be helpful.

Best wishes for an outcome you will be pleased with

Pain after augmentation

Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of surgery and implants were placed. Everyone has different threshholds and types of pain. If it hurts, try to avoid activities that make it worse until you feel better. If you have concerns, close follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon is key. Best of luck, MMT

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear that. Every surgeon has their own protocols. Speak with your chosen surgeon for tips to help you with your recovery.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD