I'm 33 years old and need to get rid of these bags?? (photos)

I have had bags under my eyes for the last five years and they seem to be getting worse. Is there any treatment for these bags?

Fillers

Yes, there are lots of options. I like to start with something non-surgical such as a HA filler under the eye. I tend to use Restylane on my patients and myself to fill in the hallow of the tear trough, restoring a more youthful look to the eye while also diminishing the appearance of dark circles. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Lower Eyelid Bags

There are basically two options. Non-surgical and surgical. Injecting normal saline (sterile salt water) as a trial beneath the lower eyelid groove prior to deciding whether you want a filler or surgical correction will allow you to visualize  and simulate what the procedures will produce. This harmless saline injection will be reabsorbed within a few hours or less. If you opt for a filler then I would choose a filler that is reversible like Restylane or Belotero. If you want a more long lasting correction you may want to consider using your own fat to (graft) fill beneath the tear trough. Lower eyelid surgery where fat is repositioned beneath the tear trough is also an  excellent long term solution.  

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Options for getting rid of Under Eye Bags

Thank You for your question. There are several options for you to choose from. Surgically, would be a Blepharoplasty. Non Surgically would be fillers, ie. Restylane or Juvederm Voluma. I would recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine which treatment would best fit your needs. I hope this helps and good luck to you.

Camille Cash, MD

Under eye bags

Your undereye bags will be well treated with injectable fillers and topical skin treatment.  See a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in both filler and surgery for an in-person consultation and discussion of your options.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP works great in my practice to prevent surgical interventions.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler

You look very young from the photo to have or need any surgery and the photo is not ideal to evaluate things but something more conservative like a filler may be far more appropriate. See a board certified surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery for more information. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #eyebags #filler

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

For your specific circumstance, I suggest fillers. At your age fillers are a great answer and are temporary and safe.  Surgery is not the best answer particularly if simple fillers can provide you with reasonable satisfaction. 

David Q. Santos, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for eye bags

You have a few options for eye bag correction:
1. concealers will hide some of the shadow under the bags
2. filler or fat grafting in the groove below the bags (tear trough) will reduce the shadows and mask the bag
3. lower blepharoplasty will reduce the bulging fat and fill the hollows at the same time
Each of these options from 1-3 have increasing longevity, downtime, and cost.  
See my link to an infographic below to help you decide on one of these options.

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of eye bags in 33 year old

Bags under the eyes sometimes can be hereditary and occur in people in their 20's or 30's.  In general, there are two main options for improvement.  Surgery can be done to directly address the protruding fat causing the bags or a filler can be injected under the bags to help camouflage them.  The results from the surgery would be more long term than those achieved with the filler.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon