Vaser lipo under general anaesthetic: Sometimes wake up gasping for air (akin to sleep apnea). Could it cause complications?

I have committed to Vaser lipo, which I am completely sure about. However, my surgeon is not available at the moment and I just wanted to check that if I have, on occasion (1-2 times per month) woken up, gasping for air in the night - does this pose the same threat during surgery as sleep apnea and should I have it monitored before surgery (due in 6 weeks)?

Get it checked out.

Thanks for your question.  I am suspicious that you may have sleep apnea.  That is not a reason to cancel your procedure, but it should be evaluated by a sleep study.

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you speak with both your surgeon and primary care doctor and ask that they do a work up for sleep apnea prior to your elective surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Anxiety disorder

Of course there are possible complications as they would have been discussed with you in your consent. Sounds like you may have anxiety disorders and in individuals like you I do not recommend elective cosmetic procedures. Please consult a mental health professional before deciding to have any such procedures.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon