i am 5ft 2in tall i weigh about 165 my breast are a double d can i have them reduced to a b cup

i have sjogrens syndrome and i have lots of pain in my back but the pain in my neck back and shoulders are getting to be unbearable it causes me to have tensions headaches also I'm so embarrassed if anyone touches my shoulders cause they are so intended will my insurance help pay for this surgury

Breast Reduction

I think that you are a great candidate for a breast reduction.  Depending on what type of insurance you have will determine if it will be covered. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

Some insurance companies will cover some of your procedure, so you can call to find out what they will cover and what they will not cover. In regards to getting a reduction, considering your height and weight, going down to a B-cup from a DD may be difficult to do and keep it natural at the same time. I suggest making an in office appointment to see an experienced plastic surgeon to guide you in the right direction.  

Breast reduction

Going from a DD to a B cup sounds a bit too much, and may not match your body. At 165 pounds and 5 feet 2 ins. a B cup sound a bit too small. see a certified surgeon if you chose to go ahead and he will most certainly guide you .Morrison MD

Breast reduction indications

Dear Pam,
You would have to check with your insurance company to find the requirements to cover your proposed breast reduction.  This information will be helpful to your plastic surgeon in proceeding with insurance approval.  Remember, however, that your neck, back and shoulder pain may be due to other factors, such as, obesity, vertebral disc disease etc., and may continue after a breast reduction.  Good luck!

Breast reduction

You have to remove enough breast tissue to meet the insurance criteria so you would likely need to go down to a B for coverage purposes. That said, at 165 lbs, this might make you pear shaped. See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss. Best wishes.

Breast Reduction

You can have them reduced. Going down to a B might be a bit drastic == but speak to the surgeon you consult and go over your options. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD