How can I improve my skin colour and brightness?

Hi doctor, my skin colour is dark, my face in normal how to get improve my skin colour and brightness. please some details to me with any side effect.

Melarase to improve skin glow and complexion

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Our office recommends Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams to improve skin discoloration and even out skin tone and color. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

There are several ways to improve skin colour

Skin lightening is basically a set of depigmentation procedures (i.e. reducing melanin pigmentation) for lightening the skin tone or whitening darker complexion. 

There are number of ways to achieve this. For e.g. laser procedures, plastic surgery procedures, chemical peels and bleaching, but it is not limited to these methods alone.

Some of these procedures can produce adverse reactions, hence my advice would be to visit a board certified and well experienced skin care expert in your city. Remember to brief your condition to the doctor and tell them what you desire after which you can weigh your options.

Also, there's something else you should consider. Beauty comes in various colours and forms. You don't need to confirm to a media dominated image of lighter skin tone.

Its more important to maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating and exercising. Try and keep in mind that dark skin can be just as beautiful as lighter skin.

Skin brightness

I really love what the Sciton laser does for dull, sun-damaged, aging skin.  I can look around a room and tell the brightness of skin of those who have had the procedure.  You need an experienced and board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to assess your skin and make a plan of what level you need as this is a tunable device that is unique to each patient and their particular skin condition.  I would also recommend that you get on a regimen with a brightening cream such as hydroquinone or arbutase along with a retinoid to keep your skin cells healthy, turning them over to correct sun damage and restore a more youthful, healthy glow.  This will also benefit your skin's recovery from your laser procedure.

Mary M. Dobson, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologist