Treatment areas for Ultrashape

I am considering starting the Ultrashape treatments for bra fat and inner thigh and have read extensively about the results. The question I can't seem to find a answer on, is what a "treatment area is". The range of offices charge is from $800-$1200 per treatment area and recommends it done 3 times every other week. Does that mean I pay twice for 3x to have "bra fat removed" because it bilateral?

Treatment areas

As you have read, price depends upon treatment areas.  Treatment areas are poorly defined so you have good reason to ask the question.  The way each practice charges is up to them so I can not answer that but I can still shed some light on things.  The manufacturer of the UltraShape device charges the user (plastic surgeon) per pulse.  Because it is easier to measure in terms of surface area rather than number of pulses, most practices estimate or measure the total surface area to be treated then convert that to FTZ's (Focal Treatment Zones) which can also be called treatment areas.  So if you are a very small person you pay less, the procedure takes less time, and fewer pulses are used.

The best way to see how much UltraShape will cost is to go to the practitioner's office and be measured so you can receive a quote.

Treatment areas for Ultrashape

You ask an excellent question.  The UltraShape machine is extremely versatile, and you can treat many different areas on the body.  We have the machine in our office, and patients are getting wonderful results!  When determining a "treatment area," we consider any bilateral area a single treatment area because it would be very unlikely that someone would only want to do one side of their waist or one side of their back bra roll.

You are correct in that treatments range in price from around 800-1200 dollars per session.  The larger the surface area being treated, the more the treatment will cost.  

Each treatment area will get 3 treatments, 2 weeks apart.  So if you were to elect to have your back bra rolls treated in my office, it would include BOTH sides (each side done during each treatment).  We would quote a price for the total package for you, and you would pay one time to treat the entire back bra roll area (bilateral).  A smaller person has a smaller treatment area, and a larger person has a larger treatment area.  The machine itself will calculate out the size of the treatment area.  Therefore, a smaller person may have a slightly lower cost, but for the most part, it is a fairly consistent price for the majority of people.

I hope this helps!  

Ultrashape

Thank you for your question. A treatment area eg; bra fat is further divided into small, medium, and large areas. The price varies depending on the how many pulses are used on the patient. It is recommended that you have three treatments spaced two weeks apart. Different offices have different fee structures. I hope you find this information helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

UltraShape-Treatment Areas

Treatment areas can be customized with UltraShape so most areas of the body where there is excess fat can be treated with UltraShape. In the majority of cases it does not cause any discomfort however if the fat is located over bone prominences then some discomfort is associated with the procedure. In my office if areas of concern are bilateral I consider this one area and therefore charge for one area.

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

UltraShape Treatments

UltraShape uses nonthermal pulsed focused ultrasound to painlessly destroy fat.  Most areas of the body can be treated as long as there is approximately 2cm of excess fat. 

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon