My problem is that one breast is higher than the other . Because of the incisions the doctor did are unsymmetrical .

My breast look uneven . When I push my breast implants both up I could see that the incisions in the bottom are on even . One is higher than the other .

Incisions are asymmetric

Without photos is difficult to tell exactly what's going on. You are early in the postoperative period and I would expect a lot of changes over the next few months. Sometimes the folds are unequal to begin with and the measured distance from the nipple to the incision is the same. Ask your chosen plastic surgeon to evaluate. Good luck. 

Because of the incisions the doctor did are asymmetrical

Dear melayha,
When taking photos before surgery I always include a view with the arms raised because it shows the position of a patient's infra-mammary fold, which can be quite different from one side to the other. When making an infra-mammary incision a surgeon may place them according to the fold position, or alternatively a measured distance from the nipple. Where the incision is placed does not impact the implant position, but the location of the natural fold can be a reflection of the true breast's position. Does that make sense? I would suggest you look back at your before photos and my guess is that your will see that your breasts and folds were not perfectly symmetric before. If you are early after surgery you really need to give it some time (6 -12 months) because things will continue to change with time.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Thanks for your question, and I'm sorry to hear about your concerns. Some degree of asymmetry is to be expected w/ BA surgery, primarily because no human is exactly the same on each side to begin with. However, if this is really bothering you, it may be worth considering some sort of revision to adjust the position of the implants. Your surgeon can advise you the best. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Sorry, but I can not really comment without seeing photos.  All breasts are asymmetric and the folds are always a bit different.

Asymmetrical breasts post augmentation

In the early stages of healing, the breasts routinely settle at different rates causing asymmetries.  How long ago was your procedure?

It is necessary to have before and after phtotos before I can answer your questions accurately.

Dr. Taranow

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast augmentation

It would be helpful to know how long it has been since your surgery. If you're still in the 3-6 month window after surgery things may still change with additional time. The incision may or may not have anything to do with the asymmetry you're experiencing. More often it is due to the way that the pocket was dissected. Also, you may have been asymmetric to start with. Express your concerns to your surgeon. They are in the best position to offer you advice.

Uneven implants

There could be many reasons for your situation, and it is really impossible to help without seeing pre and post operative pictures. Depending on how early you are after the procedure, this could even be normal and improve spontaneously. In the meanwhile, your surgeon is the best resource if you are concerned about the result.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

You haven't posted any photos, nor do you indicate how many days post op you are...I would recommend you follow up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time. 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Uneven?

Hello. Can you post your before photos and then your after photos please. That way we can see what you're seeing and be able to help. Thanks, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Asymmetrical results

Without photos, seeing you in person or knowing how long ago your surgery was, it is truly impossible to comment. I would definitely share your concerns with your surgeon and see if there are options for making you happier with your results. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD