Best Lipo Procedure for 50 year old female, 5ft 3 and 118 lbs? (photos)

I have had 4 9lb children and interested in slimming my hips/stomach/Flanks/Inner Thighs. Can I do these areas all at once (Hips/Stomach/Flanks/Inner Thighs)? Is the Tickle Laser the best for me to help diminish swelling and to potentially not disturb the nerves? Or PAL, Smart, Cooling Lipo? How will the skin look after? Thank you.

Best lipo procedure?

Thank you for your question.To be perfectly honest, I have never heard of the “tickle lipo” procedure.That being said, it is probably better for you to choose a plastic surgeon who is board certified and who does an excellent job at what he/she does as opposed to picking a specific technique/technology.I wish you the best of luck.

Best lipo procedure?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction after 4 kids

From your photos, you look pretty darn good after having 4 children!. Depending on your expectations, it appears that traditional liposuction of those areas can be done at one time. No matter which technique of liposuction you choose, there will be some postop swelling, and research has not shown that any of the types you mention are better or cause less swelling than traditional liposuction. A more dramatic result for your abdomen may be realized with a Tummytuck, but I can't be sure without physical exam. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon for advice, and best of luck!

Liposuction after 4 kids

Best lipo procedure...........

Skin quality is paramount to a reliable(aesthetic with longevity)result. Four nine pound children at 5'3" means

your skin has been through a great deal; age 50 means their will be some additional loss of skin quality

because of hormonal changes. These are generalities, everyone is different and therefore a plan can only be

devised after careful consideration. I do believe in and use non invasive skin reconditioning in combination

with liposculpture when necessary. I believe it does make a difference. The mechanism of fat removal is

predominantly marketing; the result is in the hands of  "who and how"  not what........... 

Hope this helps

Best lipo procedure...........

Hope this helps

Liposuction at age 50

Liposuction of all these areas can be done at once with you asleep.  With you awake, the number of areas may be limited by the amount of local anesthesia needed.  Best to see a  board certified surgeon who does several modalities of liposuction both awake and asleep so they do what is best for you and not  for them.  Hard to predict how your skin will look without an exam but it is safe to say that no modality will make the skin look better.  

Liposuction at age 50

Liposuction vs Lipo + panniculectomy at age 50 #liposuction #panniculectomy #johnmesamd

Liposuction, traditional or any other variation of it, is helpful to remove the excess of fat front he torso and legs if the skin elasticity of the area treated is adequate.

Then the patient's age is around the 50 years old, the skin elasticity is not the great (specially if the patient in menopause). Therefore, if a liposuction is performed, the skin won't "shrink" like in the 20s or 30s. This will cause a relative excess of skin that will make it look wrinkly and unattractive  ( it is like making a grape -"fat and smooth" into  a raising -"skinny and wrinkly"). In these cases, specially in the abdomen area, patients may need removal of the excess of skin with a panniculectomy or tummy tuck ( if diastasis of the recti present).

Patients in their 50s interested in undergoing liposuction of the torso and other areas should make a consolation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to better know their options regarding their wishes. 

John Mesa, MD

John Mesa, MD

Liposuction

Jsut about any one of the lipo devices you mentioend can get similar results.  As for the skin tightening, there are no great devices to do a great job on loose skin.  You might need a tummy tuck as well. Best to be seen in person.

Liposuction

Type of lipo

If your skin is in good condition all the standard Lipo tools should work well when used by an experienced,skilled surgeon.All the marketing alleging one machine is better  than the next is backed by very little science.It is more important who is holding the machine than the machine itself,in my opinion .

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Type of lipo

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Type of liposuction?

There's a lot of confusion about the different types of liposuction.  Really, they all work about the same, in terms of their effectiveness of getting rid of fat.  The most important variable for you to concentrate on is your choice of surgeon. The analogy of "It's all about the carpenter, not the hammer"  applies here.

You could also do well with CoolSculpting, instead of liposuction.

There's a lot more detail on this question on my website.

Type of liposuction?