Is Fraxel the best option for my acne scars? (photos)

I went to a dermatological surgeon who is very experienced in treating acne scars with lasers. He suggested the Fraxel laser, 4-6 treatments. Before I go ahead with this treatment I wanted to know if Fraxel is the best option for my scars as opposed to something else (tca cross, subcision, excision, etc.). Thank you for all your help.

Fraxel helps acne scars

Yes, the Fraxel Re:store 1500 is ideal for treating your acne scars and you will have a nice result. Usually 4 sessions are needed for best results. Do not do CO2 laser for this condition! Best,

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Fraxel the best option for my acne scars?

Hi there. Fraxel is a very good option for your type of acne scarring. I do believe you will get very good results, it may take more then 6 treatments sessions. There is a new  machine recently FDA approved in this country it is called the IntaCel and that could also be used for your acne scarring. I would probably use both devices on you. Good luck with your decisions. Good luck. Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon