Do I need a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I'm going to be getting a bbl and I sent some pictures to a few surgeons and 2 out of 5 said a tummy tuck will help get my goal body. I really don't have a loose skin on my tummy like I see most tummy tuck candidates. I just want a few opinions on this. I am still losing weight and my stomach goes down pretty quick and hope tummy tuck isn't needed. If it is will getting a tummy tuck after healing be fine?

Do I need a tummy tuck

The skin of your abdomen looks pretty good, no hang and a few stretch marks laterally. How ever You really need an in-person exam to tell for sure. Have you had any children? What does the skin look like when you sit down? The skin will get loser as you lose weight. These are all factors that need to be considered. You could have the BBL and liposuction first, and if you are unhappy with the belly, you can have the tummy tuck later. This keeps all options open

Eric Weiss MD

Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

TT or Lipo?

Thanks for your question. I recommend a liposuction for your case. Your have strong skin and none or little stretch marks.  I can even say that you may have a better results than what you are expecting on the simulator. Never the less, a personal consultation its really important for a good evaluation, always choose a certified plastic surgeon.  Regards and good luck.!!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Tummy Tuck Post Weight Loss

Thank you for your question and photos. I recommend that patients lose as much excess fat as they intend to and stabilize there for a few months before planning surgery. You will likely have more excess skin when you do this but you may also find that your body contours are different. Meeting with your Plastic Surgeon in person is the best way to determine your needs and options. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon with plenty of experience in this area.

All the best

If you decide you need a tummy tuck make sure you find a board certified surgeon?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Do I need a tummy tuck? (Photo)

In-Person Consultation would be needed to tell if you are candidate for a Tummy Tuck or a Brazilian Butt Lift.   Thank you for your question.

There are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other?   Tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Tummy tuck and BBL candidate

Thank you for your question. The best way to make a decision whether you need a tummy tuck or not is through an in person consultation. Based on your photos, it seems like you will get the best results and achieve your desired look with a tummy tuck procedure. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Do I need a tummy tuck?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person evaluation, your pictures do not demonstrate significant skin excess, stretch marks or muscle laxity.  It is difficult to offer definite advice without feeling your tissues and assessing your candidacy for liposuction alone for your BBL.  If your stomach results are not sufficient from liposuction alone have your TT in a second stage.  Hope this helps.

Tummy Tuck after BBL

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. This will tighten your abdomen and can be combined with liposuction for a more contoured waistline. Should you opt for the BBL and Liposuction first, you may experience some loose skin. Liposuction does not do much tightening of the skin and though you don't have a lot of loose skin now, after the fat is removed, you might have some. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

It depends

I do a lot of tummy tucks with BBL since that is often what many women need after having had kids.  It depends on the condition of your skin and muscles.  Looking at your side profile, it looks as if you have a component of rectus diastasis which is where the six pack muscles get split giving the abdomen a rounded, semi-pregnant appearance.  If that is the case, liposuction and a BBL will not create a flat abdomen.  A lot of the almost comic book like results you see for BBL online are typically in women who either have not had kids or whose muscles were relatively unscathed.  That being said, you can always try a BBL first and see what happens.  Do the TT later if necessary.  Staging surgery is NEVER a bad thing.