Mini or full tuck? (Photos)

Hi their ! I'm interested in a tuck not sure which one would be suitable for my situation. A mini or a full tummy tuck. The only thing that bothers me is my lower abdomen because of the stretched skin. I know I have a stomach tattoo and if it gets ruined, it's fine I can always get it covered. I only have lose skin on the bottom of my abs

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks would address your areas of concern. . Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini or full tuck

Using only your photos as a guide, I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and moving the belly button. I don't see a need for lipo in you, the tattoo can be redone to cover some of the scar. Seek a good surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

A full tummy tuck would most likely give you the best outcome.  Based on the photos, it does not look like a mini tummy tuck will address all of the laxity in your abdominal wall skin. 

David S. Chang, MD

Avoid the full tummy tuck...

and if someone insists you need one, ask them what it will accomplish over an extended mini-tuck?  With a mini-tuck, your abdomen is suctioned if beneficial (it doesn't look like you need it) then your belly button released and floated down an inch, and the muscled sutured together from your mons as far up as can be reached through the shorter and low incision.  With a full tuck, be wary of the very very high scar that will prevent you from ever wearing a 2 piece again.  Additional procedures could be added as determined by your exam and expectations.  But avoid the full tuck as much as you can since an extended will do almost everything but with a shorter and lower scar.

Curtis Wong, MD

Mini or full tuck?

Given, your photos and the fact that you are only bothered by your lower abdomen, you may be a good candidate for a in tummy tuck as opposed to a full tummy tuck.  A physical exam would be necessary to definitively determine which option would serve you best.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive tummy tuck experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for full tummy tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.    This will give you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Full Tummy Tuck

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry and for posting your pictures. I would say that you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, that way it will also help you get rid of the loose skin that bothers you. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mini vs full vs several other tummy tuck options

it is difficult to tell without an exam but it is important to be aware of all of the tummy tuck options including a mini with umbilical float, which allows for full muscle repair. Most patients do best with a full tummy tuck.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full Tummy Tuck

Hello,You would be best served with a full abdominoplasty.  This is the only way to fully tighten the skin above and around the belly button.  You are at risk for inappropriate placement of your scar too high on your abdomen, so you must insist on proper placement with your potential surgeon: very, very low on the thigh-abdominal border. This will leave you with a hole located between  your belly button and your pubic area, which will need to be closed vertically, leaving a scar that will blend in with  your skin.  In addition to proper incision placement, insist on a surgeon that uses progressive tension sutures to optimize skin tightening, minimize tension at the incision, and eliminate the need for drains. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS