Kybella results; is this accurate?

I was reading about the recovery process here, and one doctor mentioned you could continue to see improvement up to 3-5 months later. Is that accurate? If so, why do people rush to get a second treatment after 6 weeks? Thanks for reading

Maximum improvement after Kybella

The studies recommend waiting one month between treatments.  I have patients who are reporting to me that after the initial swelling is down (by 3-4 weeks in some) that they are seeing continued improvement out to 12 weeks.  Most patients will ultimately do 2-4 treatments so if you have enough fat to treat, some patients want to complete the process as quickly as possible and repeat their treatments at one month intervals.  But many patients want to decide if they need additional treatments and see how they look after each one.  I think that 8 weeks is the "sweet spot" for most patients.  Although you may still have a little more improvement after 8 weeks you can better judge how close you are to the desired effect by then and make a good decision about proceeding.  But if you are "almost there" at 8 weeks you might wait another month.

Maximum improvement after Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella

Thank you for your question in regards to Kybella. After 4-6 weeks there will not be an additional change, hence why certain individuals will require 3-5 treatments depending on the severity and their desired goal. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Kybella

Patients love Kybella!

Hi IriNight, With Kybella you will see improvement after the 1st treatment and most patients are anxious to have their next treatment done. Each individual is unique so it depends on how many treatments are recommended. Your physician will evaluate you and recommend how many treatments you will need  for you to achieve the best results. You may be happy after your 1st treatment and want no further treatments. Each patient is different. You can always schedule at a future time, so there is no rush. In my experience, most Kybella patients are treated 2-4 times and are very pleased with the results.

Patients love Kybella!

Kybella

The majority of the fat is absorbed at about 4 weeks which is why many treatments are scheduled 4 weeks apart.  There will likely not be much improvement after 4 weeks.

Kybella

Kybella

We are usually waiting for the skin envelope to retract.  That is, after the fat is dissolved, it's the skin that takes time to re-drape.  It usually will not change much after 4-6 weeks and most often patients need at east an additional treatment, recommended about a month apart. 

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Interval between Kybella treatments

Thank you for your question IriNight. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. The pivotal studies were performed with treatments at 4 week intervals. Since the product has been released we have found that recovery can take longer than 4 weeks and better results are seen when treatments are spaced out longer. For this reason I treat patients every 3 months. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Interval between Kybella treatments

Kybella results

Most patients want their final results as soon as possible. While the recommendation is to get your treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart, there is no hard and fast rule. I find that most patients don't see significant improvement until after 2 treatments, but if you aren't in any rush, have one and then wait and see if you are happy with your results. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella results

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella and Results

Kybella results typically are seen from 4 to 6 weeks.  Depending on the degree of swelling it can be a bit longer.  I see patients for their second injection typically 4 to 6 weeks after their first one since patients will always need a second injection.  The average treatments are two to four times depending on the size of the area.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella and Results

Kybella results

Thank you for your question. Most patients see results from Kybella 3-6 weeks after treatment. However, optimal results can take 3-5 months only because partial swelling may still be present for some patients. Patients are able to get a second treatment after 6 weeks because some of them have a time constrain or want to get their sessions done sooner than later. It does not affect their final results and your doctor will always review your treatment area with you and provide his/her best assessment for when a patient’s following session(s) should take place.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella results

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella and results

Thank you for this excellent question. I have noticed that the patient who do wait longer between treatments will see the fuller affect of each preceding treatment. Often, however, there are timing goals for patients. For example if they have a wedding or an event coming up in six months time,  then spacing out their treatment six weeks apart is very appropriate. The other way to answer this question, is that six weeks is often the time for all symptoms from the previous treatment to be resolved, so it is the shortest amount of time between treatments.   As with other treatments that require your own bodies ability to respond to the treatment, sometimes waiting longer can help give you a better sense of the full effect of the treatment.   If you are in no rush to get the full effects of Kybella, and waiting three months between treatments is more than appropriate.

Kybella and results