Need a good, qualified, trustworthy rhinologist for internal nasal valve collapse. (Photo)

I have internal nasal valve collapse and need it repaired as soon as possible. It contacts the septum and mucus gets trapped giving me a sinus infection a week if I don't remove the mucus regularly with a q-tip. I had partial inferior turbinectomy and a septoplasty in Nov, 15. I have multiple CT's scans, 3d reconstruction of nose, as well as airflow analysis I can bring to the appointment. I live in Vacaville, CA (near bay area). Will travel for a good surgeon.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. You should choose a surgeon among board certified facial plastic surgeons. Compare the board certified facial plastic surgeons based upon their experience/years in practice, education, specialty (Rhinoplasty), patient testimonials and before & after photos. Many surgeons - including my partner and me - offer Skype conferencing for the initial consultation. That enable you to decide if the flight is worth it.
Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

Correction of internal valve colapse

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are many excellent nose surgeons in CA. You need to do good internet search to identify few; make at least 2-3 second opinion consults before making decision. Correction with spreader cartilage grafts, possibly alar grafts usually provides significant improvement. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.