Wanting bbl after Weight loss (gastric sleeve)? (Photos)

I will be having surgery (gastric sleeve ) done in 3 months I currently weigh 220 and I am 5'2 I am interested in a bbl and a tummy tuck but don't know what order I should have this done and also how long I should wait to have these surgeries after having the gastric sleeve done i sceptical because I'm fearful of losing to much weight and not having enough fat left for the bbl ,also I have had a bbl done before 2yrs but I wasn't happy with results...

Wanting bbl after Weight loss

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

Congratulations on your weight loss!! According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck, This procedure consists in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or in womenwho have had multiple pregnancies. Tummy Tuck (Abdominiplasty)  get a flatter, firmer abdomenand a narrower waist. 

The time that you have to wait until make this procedure after your gastric sleeve is about 1 year before.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Wanting bbl after Weight loss (gastric sleeve)?

There are health considerations as well as considerations of your ideal shape.  I think it would be valuable to discuss your goals with your surgeon.

BBL and Weight loss

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

BBL after massive weight loss may not be the best option

When people lose a large amount of weight, they are left with loose skin and little fat.  In such situations, a BBL is not the right procedure.  Additionally, looking at your butt, you already have a large butt.  So should you undergo a BBL, understand that it will be a body contouring procedure, not a butt lift or augmentation.  Proportionally, your butt cannot get that much bigger.

Finally, after weight loss, because of the residual skin excess, a skin removal procedure (tummy tuck, body lift etc) is often the recommended procedure.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

BBL and tummy tuck

You should undergo the sleeve procedure and wait until your weight has stabilized.  This is often a year or more after the surgery.  Best of luck.

Correct order of surgeries

Good afternoon,

Thanks for submitting photos - it definitely allows me to give you a much better answer. Based on the loose skin on your back and your flanks, my recommendation would be to start with a circumferential abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). It would allow tightening of your tummy, back and love handles, all while tightening and lifting your buttock. If I were performing your procedure, I would utilize back fat to provide projection to the buttock as part of that operation; that'll start the process of making you more curvy.

Once you've recovered from that (probably 9 months to a year), you'd be appropriate for a BBL. If you were to do the BBL first, it's my concern that the extra skin of your back and love handles would prevent you from getting a curvy shape.

Hope this helps - Sam Jejurikar, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. I recommend you to wait at least a year or  year and a half to continue performing your body, you have to let the body heal completely and to complete the weight loss process correctly.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD