Right nostril larger than left? Bump? Huge tip? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty about 3 weeks ago and I noticed that my right nostril is a bit larger.. almost like there's a lump there. Is this normal? I also feel like my tip is bigger than what I started with. :/

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty at 3 weeks

At three weeks it is way way too early to tell how things will finally turn out. It can take a year or longer for swelling to completely go away.

Rhinoplasty healing takes time

Complete healing after rhinoplasty takes months; 12 months by conventional wisdom. At just 3 weeks, you have just begun your transformation. Tip swelling and subtle asymmetries are normal at this point. But before you get worried, usually about 90% of the swelling will be gone by 3 months, and there are treatments your surgeon can do to help reduce tip swelling, such as a dilute steroid injection. Stay in touch w your surgeon & Good luck on your rhinoplasty journey!

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon