I had laser lipo on my abdominal area one week ago today. My pubic area is swollen and extremely painful. Any suggestion?

How long before the pain in that area subsides? I read a lot of people have swelling but not the pain associated with that area. It is difficult to sit or move at all.

Uncomfortable but Normal

This is most likely due to swelling which is normal after your procedure. I suggest following up with your Dr. to be sure. Also consider adding lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, RF treatments (Venus Legacy/Exilis) and shock vibration therapy like Cellutone and Zwave to reduce swelling and for the best outcome. Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling in the pubic area

Hello, Hanna2

In any kind of liposuction of the abdominal area, swelling of the pubic area which is the lower part of your abdomen is very common because of the gravity, the fluids drain to the lower part of your body. Also if during your liposuction procedure the pubic area was also lipoaspirate you will experience more swelling in that area, In all my patient I recommended compression garmet an extra compression to avoid fluid formation or sermoas as well as lymphatic drainage to open up your lymphatic system and eliminate the fluid trough your urine. If the pain is to intense or your developed fever or redness go and see your doctor ASAP

Pubic area

Swelling there is very common - garment with compression support should allow it to subside over several weeks.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Swelling and pain in pubic area after laser lipo

Swelling in the pubic area is not uncommon after laser lipo and sometimes it can be uncomfortable or even a little painful. However the pain you describe appears to be worse than what would be considered typical. The main concern would be an infection or hematoma (collection of blood under the skin) which would require either antibiotics or drainage of the area. I recommend following up with your provider ASAP for further evaluation. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician