3 months post breast implant exchange & minor lift & my nipples are less symmetric. What should I do? Am I overreacting? (photo)

As soon as I looked at my breasts post op, I noticed that left areola was smaller and lighter in color than the right one. My surgeon told me to wait and that my body was still healing but now at 3 months the difference is even more pronounced. To go from having similar aerials (in size and color) pre op then have them change post op is very upsetting. My surgeon said he could tattoo them or make another incision on the top of my left areola but he wouldn't recommend either procedure.

Concerns

Thank you for your question and pictures.  I can't tell, but I assume that the second picture with the larger breasts is the most recent.  Again, it is a little too soon for final results, but actually if the second picture is the most recent, then the results are quite acceptable and I would do no further attempts at achieving perfection at this time.  Remember, your breasts are never identical.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Implant Exchange/Lift

It is reasonable to be concerned but it is still very early in the post-operative period. I would recommend you wait longer before being too concerned and focus on a scar regimen including silicone gel based therapies, either tapes or ointments. With this approach, the issue should hopefully correct itself. Best wishes.

Augmentation

Implants only magnify what was there beforehand. The color was likely  not different, and the size of the areolas were probably different before as well.

Breasts implants exchange and minimal lift

Dear J,                                                                                                                                                                                       Thanks for submitting your pictures. It would have been helpful to submit also you pre operative pictures.              From observing your pictures, you appear to have breasts size asymmetry and large areolas. These issues can be easily corrected by adding saline to the smaller breast, if you have saline implants, or replacing the implant with bigger size implant if you have silicone implants. The areolas can be lifted more , if you would like more perkiness and reduce their size by doing (or redoing, if you had it done before) mini lift (donut, Benneli).  As far as color difference between the areolas, if it is new, it will even up with time. You can help it to occur faster by using a  skin pigmentation bleacher - Hidroquinone .                                                                                                                           Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center, for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with symmetry, perkiness and natural look                                                                              All the best                                                                        Dr Widder