Should I try to get the same surgeon to revise?

I'm seven weeks out from rhinoplasty with my dream surgeon... except I hate my nose. It's crooked and lopsided and looks nowhere near as good as any other patient of his I've seen. Was I too particular about what I wanted so he strayed too much from his usual habits? Is my face just that irregular that I am gonna have these kinds of results anywhere? Should I trust him with revising it? I can't bring myself to return to work. Is there any way I can fix this without having to wait a whole year?

Revision rhinoplasty recommendation

At 7 weeks it is too early to expect the "final" result. However, during this time it is important to followup with your surgeon to monitor the nose for changes and address any concerns that arise. If you feel at some point that your concerns are not being addressed, then that would be the time to seek a second opinion. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redo rhinoplasty

Dear madam,   Can't make a comment or recommendation without pictures. Please submit before and after  front and lateral  view pictures and I will be happy to opine.                                 All the best,                                                      Dr Widder

Should same surgeon be used for revision rhinoplasty?

First of all, seven weeks after a rhinoplasty is much too soon to judge any results.  There would still be expected swelling present at this time and the healing process would not be completed.  You really should wait 6-12 months to be able to get a better idea of what your nose will look like.  Second, if you did want to have a revision at some point, it is usually always best to return to the surgeon who performed the prior surgery.  Your surgeon will have the most information and knowledge about your particular procedure so is normally the best qualified to perform a revision.  If for some reason you are not comfortable returning to the same surgeon, then you could consult with another surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon