I haven't returned to work yet because I just feel hideous. It is looking worse and worse every day. Is there any hope for me? (

After rhinoplasty my nose looks obviously bulbous and crooked to the right of my face and there's no support on the middle third of the nose on the right side of it either(left side of the photo). It also seems like the bridge of my nose is closer to my left eye than my right. This is 7 weeks post op and my doctor seems pretty confident that this will go away and recommended massage since day one. It seems to be pretty extreme, almost looks like two different noses from either side of my face.

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Post op rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is still early in your recovery and your nose is still healing and changing. I would take your surgeons advice and keep massaging it. It may take a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to its final outcome, so if after a year you are still unhappy with your results I would then seek a revision rhinoplasty possibly with a nasal osteotomy to realign the bones. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon