18 months post op and this indentation has gotten more noticeable. Any suggestions? (photos)

I developed a seroma in my upper left abdominal area after my drains were removed. I had the seroma aspirated twice and eventually my doctor placed another drain. During my recovery, I've noticed puffiness on the upper right side of my abdomen and I often feel a "presence". When I massage the hard, dark, indented area it stings like a burning sensation. Sometimes I can feel 2 "ropey" areas on the right side of this indented area.

Seromas and hematoma can do that

Seromas and hematoma can become "organized" over time whereby fibrous tissue grows into the collection.  Depending on how old it is, you can use massage or a modality like ultrasound to try and break it up.  if it persists, fat grafting can be used to fill in the hole.  Good luck.

Tummy tuck - indentation after seroma

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck result.

• It is possible that you have internal scarring from the seroma.
  • Or a residual seroma.
  • An examination by your surgeon and possible an ultra-sound study¬†will give more information than on on-line opinion.
  • Can you return to your surgeon for an exam and ask for an ultrasound study if possible, before s/he sees you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS