Can I get 3 surgeries at once?

I'm 20 about to turn 21 I'm planning on getting a nose job, I also want jaw implants and a chin implant but I don't want to wait a whole other summer. Is it possible if I can get them all at once with out any problems surfacing? Thank you doctors for your honesty and answers.

Simultaneous Procedures

Rhinoplasty and chin implant are often done together. A chin implant can help create better balance of the face, especially if you have a relatively large nose. Jaw implants can also be placed during the same surgical procedure.There would be no good reason to separate those procedures if you were sure you wanted them all done.Best Wishes

Jaw implants, rhinoplasty , chin augmentation routinely performed together

Dear rvillalvazo, These procedures are performed commonly together to provide a nice and natural balance to the patients profile as well as there overall facial aesthetics. The other benefit is a savings in surgical fees and recovery time. See the link below for examples of rhinoplasty and the video above showing the imaging process as well as final results in a combination procedure. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can I get 3 surgeries at once?

Yes, it is possible to combine these procedures. There are risks involved with any surgery but in terms of recovery, avoiding pressure to the face and head elevation is your job. The surgeon should be skilled in facial surgery and have the proper training and photos to back it up.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Implants at Same Time

A rhinoplasty and implants are frequently done at the same time to improve the nose and facial balance.  This way the patient will have one operation, one anesthetic, and one recovery. Last but not least, it will cost less.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant?

these two surgeries are done approximately 20% of the time combined. The time required to do this is usually less than two hours. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you good before and after's of noses you like since this is what you will be getting.  

Cosmetic surgery procedure length limitations

We try to limit elective cosmetic procedures to less than six hours - in most cases, rhinoplasty with facial implants can be completed in that time period.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

It is possible to perform a rhinoplasty, jaw implants and a chin implant all at the same time. This will allow one anesthesia with one recovery period. A full set of pictures and  an in-person examination are required to make a determination about all three surgical procedures. The combination of a rhinoplasty/chin implant is very common in our practice when patients have an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump, and a weak chin profile. For many before and after results,  and diagrams of the implants themselves please see the link and the video below

Combining surgeries and procedures

Combining surgery is common in plastic surgery. Rhinoplasty (nose job) and chin implant (genioplasty) are performed together to create better balance to the face. The question is your overall health. Age is not the only factor to consider. Your surgeon, medical doctor, anesthesiologist (doctor who puts your to sleep and wakes you up), and other specialists may need to evaluate you before exposing you to general anesthesia. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

As long as you are in good health, there is no reason why multiple procedures cannot be safely performed.  Consolidating procedures good optimize recovery time versus multiple sessions and can occasionally serve to be more economical.Best of luck!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple surgeries

Plastic surgeons often combine surgeries that compliment each other.  A rhinoplasty (nose job) combined with facial implants (chin, jaw) is a perfect example.  Since each of these surgeries targets a different part of the face, they can be done safely at the same time. The benefit for you is that you only need to go to the OR once and your recovery period for each surgery is at the same time.  Remember that this will lengthen your overall procedure time and your recovery may be a bit longer just because you are having more surgery done.I recommend you find a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who specializes in facial surgery.  Facial surgery, especially a nose job, is very personal.  It is important to find a surgeon who you communicate well with and understands well what you want your end result to be.Best of luck in your decision!

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon