I'm 20 years old, 4"11 in height and 162lbs. Most of my fat is in my thighs and belly. Am I a good candidate? (Photo)

I have always been on the chubby side but it's starting to really effect my life. I have tried working out and eating healthy but have never seen much to any results. I am really considering trying liposuction, am I a good candidate?

I'm 20 years old, 4"11 in height and 162lbs. Most of my fat is in my thighs and belly. Am I a good candidate?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Liposuction instead of weight loss?

• Thank you for your question about your liposuction.
  • You have have thigh and belly liposuction -
  • It will change your shape - it will not change your weight.
  • At most 10 pounds are removed, but unless you lost weight, that fat returns to new areas.
  • I strongly suggest you get some professional guidance on what to do to lose weight -
  • Then if you have liposuction and can lose weight afterwards, the fat will come back and your result will be much much better.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction.  This can give you improved contour and shape. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Dear Jackie, I would seek a board certified plastic surgeon for your evaluation and yes, you do appear to be a potential client for liposuction. It could potentially shape your tummy and love handle area. This can  be done in the office setting depending on the area you decide to do with your surgeon. Remember liposuction targets the kind of fat that you can pinch and pull, Visceral fat around the organs is only treatable with diet and exercise so keep up the healthy diet and exercise too! Good Luck 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Candidate

Yes! If you are in good health, you are a good candidate for liposuction. In general, liposuction will give you a better shape. With continued diet and exercise, you will have an even better body contour. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

You would have to be seen in person to determine if you are a candidate.  From your photos you may be a good candidate. Often I can do under local anesthesia or general.  Best of luck.

#Liposuction /#Liposculpture /#Vaser/ #Hi Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute