Best Facial Treatment for Good Skin? (photo)

I am 27 years old have no blemishes, acne (ever) or uneven skin tone. All I do is wash my face once a day in the morning with Johnson & Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Wash. Would a facial be better since I don't really have any skin issues? I want to make my skin look better and I heard facials are good. If I do get the microdermabrasion or a facial, how often do I get them? What do they do? I would let to get treatments that will also help em not get wrinkles as fats since I don't have any yet.

Best Facial Treatment for Good Skin.

You should be commended for thinking about your skin's health at 27 years of age!  Taking care of your skin now will "pay" huge dividends in the years to come.

The most important treatments for your skin are sunscreens and making sure you remove all make-up before retiring to sleep.  Using a device like the Clarisonic (or similar) will help remove the make-up more thoroughly than using cleanser alone. But, if you do not use make-up these systems really help cleanse the skin and pores more thoroughly.  You'll see the difference if they are used consistently.

With respect to facial treatments, a good medical esthetician is a good place to start.  I believe that the results and added benefits from a HydraFacial (see link) over conventional facials is worth considering and learning more about.    

I hope this helps

Skin care options

I would recommend basic skin care as a good start. I always recommend wearing a sunblock/sunscreen, and good skin care routine such as moisturizing daily. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion can be beneficial to give your skin a rejuvenated appearance. You may also want to consider starting a retinoid. I would recommend making an appointment with your dermatologist to discuss further treatment options.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Facials for your skin

I love the oxygen facials coupled with microdermabrasion.  Not only will the combination keep your skin looking beautiful but it will keep it looking younger.  Depending on your skin type, once you complete a series, you can have the treatments once a month or once every 3 months depending on your skin type.

Best Facial Treatment for Good Skin

There is an immense amount of data showing the short term and long term effects of Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids. These acids have the ability to directly target collagen cells creating a overall firming effect. By introducing your skin to these acids you will be both maintaining your current skin texture but also preventing the breakdown of collagen cells. These acids can be found in products to use at home on a regular basis, or you can get an in office treatment for a bit more of a boost in the right direction. 

Dennis Gross, MD