Can i correct my changed eye after facial palsy?

i had facial palsy eye down and out problem. now i become ok but still there is lil bit problem with my left eye. its not becoming ok. its not moved rightly and look so much changed with other eye. tell me its solution please i am very worried. i shall be very thankful 2 u if you help me :( tell me any exerciser for my left eye

Doctor Answers 2

Botox for facial asymmetry after Bell's palsy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  It is extremely important that you consult your neurologist first to be sure that it is safe for you to have Botox.

You should also consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in plastic surgery following neurologic injury and has an excellent reputation in your community.

In some cases it is possible to use Botox in the normal, nonparalyzed side of the face and eyes to reduce the intensity of muscle contraction and create a more symmetrical look with the previously paralyzed side that does not move completely.

Botox treatment for Facial Palsy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Botox can be used to help treat facial asymmetries caused by a facial palsy.  You should check first with your neurologist to make certain that Botox treatment is not contraindicated in your case.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 63 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.