I had a facial liposuction on my cheek area and the swelling hasn't gone down.

I had a facial liposuction on my cheek area and the swelling hasn't gone out. My doctor said that I will get a leaner look in approximately 6 weeks. However, it has already been 6 weeks and the swelling is still there. Please help.

Facial liposuction results can take time

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It does take some time to achieve results in the face following liposuction. Traditionally these results are observed by 6 weeks but it may take longer. It is better that your surgeon proceeded in a conservative fashion rather than being overly agrgressive. This could produce irregualrities and uneveness which is difficult to correct.