Facial Fat Transfer and Ear Augmentation? (photo)

Found this site thankyou Docs for your insight I dont think i get honest answers from people, and my self esteem sucks so its hard to see a real problem. I don't like how prominent my ears are and I have a naturally low fat face, people think I'm on drugs or something because of how thin my face is. I used to chew on the inside of my cheeks as a kid dont know why I did that. would I look unnatural like catlady, or would it make sense to get it done with these pictures. Also ear aug.

Doctor Answers 5

Facial Volume Augmentation and Otoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your choices to correct the gaunt facial look is either Sculptra or fat injections. There are advantages and disadvantages either way. From an ear standpoint, you have conchal hypertrophy which makes your ears stick out somewhat. That could be corrected by a conchal type otoplasty. If you are going to get your ears done, then I would use fat grafting for the face. Without having ear surgery, then you would use Sculptra for facial augmentation.

Facial volume enhancement

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You will have several options on enhancing your face with temporary fillers or fat injection. The ears can be corrected with otoplasty. For detailed information, recommend face to face consultation with a cosmetic surgeon. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I have facial fat augmentation and ear surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a good question and one that is very common among thin, younger males. You would be a good candidate for facial volume augmentation with either fat transfer or Sculptra high volume facial filler.  In order for fat transfer to work well you need to harvest fat from somewhere on your body (exam by a surgeon would let you know from where), and this may require two to three treatments.  Sculptra is another solution and requires no surgery for volume augmentation.  This can last upwards of two years and would also require multiple treatments.

As far as the ears are concerned, a setback otoplasty or "ear pinning" would correct your prominent ears. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon and have a full consultation.  Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Ear & Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your goals can be met by board certified Cosmetic Surgeons who understand the 3-D relationship regarding ears & faces.  Fat from self is very useful in the face.

Facial fat grafting and ear surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have lost volume in several noticable areas of your face...temples, upper cheeks, central cheeks and have mildly prominent ears...adding volume with fat grafting would help to recreate the youthful contours that you may have had in the past...otoplasty to reduce your ear prominence would also be helpful...consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals. 

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.