Is FaceTite Safe and Effective for Tightening and Facial Fat Reduction?

I realize the FRAL procedure FaceTite (a version of BodyTite but without the suction) is pretty new and therefore doesn't have long-term studies done, but I'm hoping to get some thoughts on these qustions: (1) How safe has this procedure been so far, or if there's no data, how safe do cosmetic surgeons feel it is? (2) Are the effects expected to be long-term? (eg. months to years, or are the effects permanent and then subject to natural aging?) Thanks very much.

How effective is FaceTite?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

FaceTite is a radio frequency minimally invasive procedure which has not been approved for use in the United States.  There is not adequate information available to determine its effectiveness however, to date all of the radio frequency devices have been disappointing.  The concept of FaceTite is sound and I suspect that at some point one of the companies will get this right and results will be excellent.  Whether Invasix, the maker of the device has found a successful formula or not still needs to be determined.  Personally, I would wait until more information is available before proceeding.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Fat Reduction and Facetite

Although I cannot specifically comment on data regarding FaceTite, I can assure you that there are a long line of big promises and poor results from "brand new" and "revolutionary" procedures.  Removal of facial fat is, in many cases, counter-intuitive to the current aesthetic concept of facial volume restoration and replenishment.  I would definitely give the advice to pass on this procedure for now.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Same answer as cellulite

To date no non-invasive tightening methodology has been at all impressive for most patients.  I'd hold back on any of these until they have a few years under their belt.  Most die on the vine.

FaceTite

As you said, FaceTite is newly FDA approved in the United States. A big component of obtaining FDA approval is validating the safety of the procedure so I can reassure you that it is safe.

That being said, it is difficult to say the long term effects of these since the data is not there when compared to something like a face or neck lift. Depending on you personally (skin/face structure, financial abilities, health concerns, age, etc.), a face-to-face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is necessary prior to signing on for any kind of facial procedure since there is no 'one size fits all' in the world of cosmetic and plastic surgery.

I hope this helps!

Vu Ho, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

FaceTite safe and effective

FaceTite is considered one of the industry’s most advanced and safest facial rejuvenating and skin contouring procedures. FaceTite uses the same kind of radiofrequency technology used in MRIs, Thermage and other medical treatments that have been safely performed for years. FaceTite was developed to treat delicate areas of skin without causing cellular damage to tissues,.

How long the result lasts depends on a variety of factors including environmental, genetic, and how you take care of yourself. Nothing is ever considered "permanent", however, this can produce a result that can last years. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon