I Had a Facelift 6 Months Ago & I Have Bumps Under my Eyes & in the Corners. What Can Be Done to Correct These?

I had a full facelift, but did not have my eyes done. I did have a brow lift, also. I had bumps immediately after surgery & they have gotten worse. I am seeing my plastic surgeon soon & I want to know what I can expect for a resolution.

Bumps after facelift

It is pure conjecture to try to answer this question without seeing any photos of you.  Please re post this question with photos of the bumps.  thank you.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

It would be difficult to speculate about these bumps without having the benefit of an exam.   You will have to be examined your surgeon.                                                                                                                                   Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                                                       Los Angeles, CA

Bumps after a facelift

I would advise to see you surgeon sooner rather than later. He should be monitoring to make sure all steps are taken to heal amazingly. Im sure you will looking great in no time. Good luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Bumps post face

I would suspect that with time and massage these should resolve.Excatly why they are there is unknown.they may be little cysts from sutures or residual edema.I would not be overly concenred.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Irregularity after facial rejuvenation has a few potential sources

Thank you for the question.  The good news is that most irregularities after a facial rejuvenation procedure such as a facelift is often secondary to swelling or mild differences in tissue tension both of which tend to improve or go away with time.  If the irregularities seem to be getting worse it may be either seroma/scar tissue formation or the gradual elimination of swelling that now shows off the irregularities.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bumps under my eyes after face lift?

Dear Tuffy,

Thank you for your question.  This depends on what type of a face lift was performed, and only your plastic surgeon can answer this.  For example, if a SMAS suspension type procedure was performed where the superficial muscle layer was suspended, this could have been done along your upper cheek/lower eye area and the sutures could leave bumps or the tissue could leave bumps, etc. Following up with your plastic surgeon is the most prudent thing to do.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

After 6 months, you are looking at facelift final result.

By all means discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Can only tell you that these facelift bumps will probably not go away by themselves.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Cyst like bumps of the lower eyelids after surgery

These bumps could be suture track cysts and can be easily unroofed with a lancet.  Other possibilities could be scar tissue.  

Bumps under my eyes after a facelift

Without pictures it is difficult to determine what the cause of these bumps is. It could be residual swelling of underlying fat or muscle which can take up to a year to resolve. Depending on what these bumps are, sometimes steroid injections can be beneficial. Follow up as planned with your plastic surgeon to discuss the best management plan moving forward.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps Under Eyes After Facelift

An exam and photos are needed to make a recommendation.  Discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.  A revision could be needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD