I had a facelift done 6 months ago and have irregularities on the left side of my face. What can I do? (photo)

It looks like malar bags under left eye dr. Said Its your cheek! Left cheek falling in under cheekbone. Dr. Did say he would do some filler around eye swelling if it doesnt go down in the next couple of months. Also concerned with falling in cheek under the cheekbone on the same side. Looks weird. Would I need a revision or fat grafts on that side to even it out.? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Post op sag from facelift

After looking at your photos it is hard to comment on the eye part.You definitely have a paucity of tissue in the area below your cheek bone and using your own fat to help build this up is a great choice.I probably do fat grafting on 30% or so of my facelift patients and it is a great tool.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Facelift takes a year to heal

Overal your face look good.  I would need to see preoperative photos to really say much.   Sometimes pre operative assymetries are noted after surgery is done.  I think your surgeon did fine.  Possibly some Voluma may eventually be useful.  Please send us your pre operative photos so we can compare.  Thanks and My Best ,   Dr C

Volume restoration of left cheek after facelift is required

From your photograph the asymmetry that I see is on your left cheek that is the right side of the photograph.  What I see is that the left cheek looks Hollow compared to the right cheek.  Volume restoration with fillers or fat would be the optimal solution in my opinion.

Irregularities after facelift

If you have cheek asymmetry pre-operatively, then this is normal. The problem may not be due to asymmetrical lifting, but rather on asymmetrical volume loss on your cheeks.

This becomes evident as nasolabial folds, tear trough, cheek, and the dent beside the cheek bones become pronounced and one side becomes more visible than the other. 

Instead of a revision surgery, I believe fat transfer will be more beneficial for you.

in my experience, adding autologous mesenchymal stem cell will help a lot in improving the area and give longer lasting result.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek hollow after facelift

You have some cheek hollowing which will accentuate the cheek bone directly above it.  This may have been there pre-op, but becomes more apparent after you tighten the skin.  Putting some fat in would be a great option to fill this in.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Significant irregularities six months after facelift will probably require some sort of revision.

The photograph is disturbing. There appears to be a ridge obliquity extending along your cheek in an apparent volume deficiency. Is there any foreign body in your face placed the time of the facelift? A physical examination would probably be necessary for a good recommendation.