Options to Correct a Wide Face?

My Face is Rather Wide and I Would Really Like a Smaller Face. What Can I Do to Correct This?

Doctor Answers 2

Botox in Masseter Muscle an Option for Narrowing a Wide Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi San Jose,

Difficult to help you without photos, but the quickest and easiest way to give the impression of narrowing a face is by injecting the masseter muscles with Botox or Dysport.  This also gives the face a less round and more triangulated appearance.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Correcting a wide face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The width of the face can stem from  a number of things including the underlying skeletal sturcture or hypertrophic muscles to name a few.  Photos would b enice.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.