Will I Be Able to Face The Public 11 Days After MAC Lift and Bleroplasty?

I am having liposuction to thighs and abdomen as well as MAC's lift and maybe bleroplasty will i beable to face the public after 11 days as I am running a training course. I will also be flying back on day 11 on a 9 hour flight.

MACS lift and Blepharoplasty Recovery

Recovery after facelift usually takes two weeks to look presentable, but there is wide variability based upon technique and surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

After MAClift, be on the safe side and recover for a minimum of two weeks

It takes time to recover from MAC lift and blepharoplasty.  After MAClift, be on the safe side and recover for a minimum of two weeks.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Facing the public after face lift

Always assume the worst. It usually takes two to three weeks for the bruising and most of the swelling to go.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Recovery Time from MAC Lift and Blepharoplasty

Possible, but I think you are cutting it too close. Although many of my patients are able to recover as fast as you would like, it is  unpredictable who will bruise or how long the swelling will last. For example if you have high blood pressure, or get sick to your stomach this greatly increased your potential to bruise which may be noticeable.

Best to give yourself more time to heal, although possible. The below link discusses the typical recovery period and video link discussed instructions I give my patients to recover quickly.

Recovery after MACS Lift & Blepharoplasty

Most of my patients who undergo this surgery are back to most activities within about 8 days with a little help from camouflage makeup to hide the minimal bruising. I had one patient back working in a very public job at 12 days and another at her son’s wedding at 19 days. We also use a regimen of vitamins and anti-bruising medications perioperatively.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after MACS facelift and Blepharoplasty

In most cases, a patient should be presentable and be able to go out in public 11 days after a MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) Facelift and blepharoplasty.  You may still have some minor swelling and or bruising at this point but should be able to mask this well with make-up.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Face public after facelift and blepharoplasty

You'll be able to face the public but you'll need a good excuse for the ecchymosis and bruising. Youll also be swollen and very self conscious. Give it a week or two longer and emerge like a butterfly from a cocoon.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

What to Expect After Your Facial Procedure

First and foremost, its best to remain patient. It is still early in to your recovery. The healing process in general can take up to one month for the majority of swelling to subside, incisions to close, sutures to come out, and for bruising to completely go away.
#Recovery time from a #facelift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a facelift can easily hidden with “camouflage” make-up which you can learn how to apply.
The scars from a facelift mature within six to twelve months from the surgery date. It is during this time that the rejuvenating effects of the facelift will become apparent and the real result will be seen. If you have certain concerns about the procedures and #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Will I Be Able to Face The Public 11 Days After MACS Lift and blepharoplasty?

Dear Debbie,
11 days post MACS lift and blepharoplasty MAY be a bit ambitious to be out in public and to have no one notice you've recently had surgery. Even under the best of circumstances, the eyelids are very prone to swelling. While you will be able to cover bruising (if you have any) with make-up, there may still be residual swelling that can distort the eyelids and be obvious. The MACS lift swelling generally occurs in front of the ears and below the jawline and may be hidden at 11 days if you have a long enough hairstyle to cover your ears. If you do proceed and all goes perfectly you may be able to get away with it, but it could be cutting it close. Good luck.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Facelift recovery

Depending on the type of facelift procedure, I recommend that my patients take off at least 1 week from work/social engagements.   There may be some mild bruising which can be easily covered up by mineral based foundation makeup.  Most of my patients are able to go back to work 1-2 weeks post surgery.  I clear my face lift patients to resume activity as tolerated (strenuous activity or working out) approximately 3-4 weeks after surgery.