Second Eyelid Surgery - Would It Fix My Problems?

I had an upper eye surgery 6 years ago. Now, I have the following: -Crease too high -Double creases -Excess skin -Hollowness -Sagging skin on the outer eyes -Ptosis? Would a second surgery fix all the problems above? What complications are there? I would appreciate any feedback.

Doctor Answers 4

Loss of eye definition

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are several issues at play here, Asian eyelid aesthetic, ptosis, and excessive loss of tissue on the upper eyelids.  This is a complicated set of issues and requires a plastic/oculoplastic surgeon specializing in these issues.  I have addressed such a set of problems both surgically and non surgically.  I have used fat injection, hyaluronic acid injections, and surgical repositioning in these types of cases with good results.  I depends on your specific anatomy and I would recommend you seek out an expert in your area to find  the best option for you, one that fits your budget and goals.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyelid

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are at least two problems contributing to your assymetry.  There is volume deflation (fat loss) from your eyelid (especially left) along with ptosis (left more than right).  It is possible to address the ptosis with one surgery and the volume loss with another NONsurgical injection in office later.  I recommend a consulation with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Repeat eyelid surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The photos sent with your question do not show enough of your forehead, eye, midface region to answer your complicated questions.  You really need to be evaluated in person by a subspecialist.  Most cosmetic surgery lasts between 5 and 10 years.  However, if there is poor skin tone, then it won't last as well.  If you have poor tone of your skin, then the first step would be to improve the quality of your skin by stimulating new collagen formation.  There are a number of ways to do this. 

For the problem of sagging skin on the outer part of the eyes, this could signal that your forehead is drooping and needs to be lifted.   Is your ptosis of the brow or lid?  For whichever, they can be addressed and corrected surgically. 

My recommendation is to consult with several subspecialists in person so they can see you rproblem(s), and feel the quality of your skin.  At that point they can make their recommendations and discuss the pros and cons of each.


Kathleen Archer MD

Oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon

Houston, TX

Kathleen F. Archer, MD
Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

It would be worth looking into.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear hbact, I certainly would consult several doctors in regard to your complaints.  Not seeing your pre-op photos certainly puts me at a disadvantage.  I would seek out a plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon who specializes in correction of the Asian eyelid.  I don't know of anyone where you are but I would speak to your plastic surgeon or whoever did your surgery and ask for a referral.  You might try one of the university hospital settings near you.  Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.