What Are Permanent Options To Remove Eye Bags? (photo)

When I smile the my under eye bags are also raised, I have a horrific smile and wondered if this is available to be changed

Doctor Answers 5

Treatment for under eye bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You would need to have an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist but I do not see indications for surgery in a young face such as yours.  You could consider Restylane under the eyes or treatment for what appears to be dark skin pigmentation. 

Restylane... Under Eye Hollowing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Restylane may be an option for your under eye hollowing.  However, this is very difficult to recommend without seeing you in person.  Please consider a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

Good luck.


Dr. Grant Stevens        

Grant Stevens, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 152 reviews

Treatment of the tear trough

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The heading of your post refers to eye bags but the body of the post mostly refers to your smile and how you dislike it. Your posted photo was shot without you smiling. It shows visible tear troughs, some darkness of the skin or shadows above the tear trough and some bulging directly under the lower eyelashes due to the eyelid closing muscles. There is no psuedoherniated fat pads into the lower eyelids and hence to eye bags. There is therefore no way to answer your post as the questions are posed. I suspect an injectable filler is your best option but it is not permanent followed by direct fat grafting to the tear trough area.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

What Are Permanent Options To Remove Eye Bags?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Looking at your photos, there is no evidence of lower eyelid fat bags, only some under eye dark pigmented skin.  You might want to see a dermatologist in your area for possible skin treatments.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These tissues normaly heap up when you smile.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This heaping tells others that your smile is genuine.  In looking at your very low resolution photograph, what I see with the face relaxed is sigficant dark circles and under eye hollows.  Typically filler can help this type of issue.  However, an email response is no substitute for an actual in person consultation.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.