One eye has a huge under eye bag and everytime I take a picture it's extremely noticeable. What can I do to fix this?!

Doctor Answers 2

Extreme is in the eye of the beholder.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You demonstrate interesting asymmetry between the two side. This exists not just in the right lower eyelid fullness but even in the lower eyelid crease from right to left sides. I think to really answer this question accurately, you need an actual in person examination to assess the two sides. Based on this type of examination it should be possible to make concrete recommendations.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

You have some prolapsed fat on the right.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You could remove a small amount of the fat surgically from a transconjunctival approach which is from the inside of the eyelid. In that way there would be no scarring. If you are not interested in surgery, you could try to put some filler just below the fat which may help to smooth out the area and make it less noticeable.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.