Eye Cream for Wrinkles I Am 24 Years Old? (photo)

Hi, I am 24 years old and I recently had a baby which makes my sleeping hours short so I have been having a lot of dark eyes and I think wrinkles are starting to grow. I use clinic spf 25 moisturizer and make up remover from la foret. I am looking for an eye cream that is good for my age and problem. Any sugestion?

Doctor Answers 3

Eye Cream for Wrinkles I Am 24 Years Old?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

      I am not aware of any cream that has any particular advantages over another with regard to pigmentation improvement.  I would not recommend fillers unless you want more volume in the area below your eyelids.  I would not recommend surgery.  I think you are being too hard on yourself.  You look youthful.  You Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Eyecreams are not effective for dark eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Dark under eyes or dark circles are caused due to the loss in volume that occurs with ageing. Using Dermal Fillers to replace lost volume is the most effective solution for you. Skin creams help skin but do not help replace lost volume

Hope this helps

Under eye hollows

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Congratulations on your new baby. It looks like you have a lot of hollowing in the under eye area and could benefit from filler injections. The main problem is loss of volume in the lower eyelids and upper cheeks, so eye creams are unlikely to help very much. See a doctor who is experienced in under eye injections. Adding volume to this area should make you look a lot less tired (even if you are not getting a lot of sleep). 

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 183 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.