I am extremely unhappy with my rhinoplasty results, is there anything I can do?

I am 10 days post op, I hate my results. I still have a small bump, my tip is still bulbous and long, and my nose is now crooked. Will surgeons offer revision at a discount? Is the tip still bulbous because of swelling or is that the way it's going to stay? Also I included pics of the simulation images which look nothing like the results. If I have a revision surgery, do you think they could make my nose as small as the one in the simulation image or is that unrealistic for me.

I am extremely unhappy with my rhinoplasty results, is there anything I can do

If you underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise.

If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

10 days after surgery is definitely too early to make any judgments about your rhinoplasty result.  Depending on the techniques used, it could take several months for the swelling to completely settle.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon and be patient.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Revision

Unfortunately there are no photos for review.  That said you are still very early post op to judge results and one would generally wait one year before doing a revision

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

10 days after rhinoplasty

It is still too early to realize results from a rhinoplasty at 10 days. I would wait a full 3 months before seeking a second opinion.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Questions regarding revision 10days after Rhinoplasty

It is not uncommon to have swelling small blood collections and some irregularities that take in my experience a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks to resolve to the point where you can look at your nose critically. I would certainly not consider revisions surgery into you have given at least this amount of time for your puffiness and swelling to resolve. I would also discuss with your plastic surgeon your concerns and get his timetable

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon