Expose Clitoris More? Is This Possible + Cost? (photo)

As you can see from the photos, my clitoris is basically hidden under my inner lips. I would like it to be more exposed. Is it possible to just remove the top part (highlighted in the photo) and leave the labia minora below the clitoris? I just want to remove the skin on the sides of the clitoral shaft. I don't mind having some inner lip below it. Or would it just be easier to remove the whole thing as they're connected.... And how much would this cost? Hope this makes sense.

Clitoral hood reduction

Thank you for your question.  You can certainly reduce the skin folds adjacent to the clitoris.  This is referred to as a clitoral hood reduction.  It can be done in isolation or in conjunction with a labiaplasty procedure.

Clittoral hood reduction

I do not personally believe in reducing the clittoral hood out of fear of creating more frequent stimulation during activities of daily living such as during a walk.

Expose clitoris more

Your clitoris does not appear to be overly covered by the lower clitoral hood or prepuce so that area does not need to be addressed. Your coverage is due to extra folds on each side of your clitoral hood. These folds can be reduced alone of in association with a labia reduction.  I first reported this technique in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery".

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Redundant lateral Prepuce - Bilateral

Great question and photos. Although, this was posted 3 years ago I feel its important to answer since many women have very similar anatomy. The central aspect of your hood is quite nice, unfortunately it's covered by the redundant hood/prepuce on either side. As you can see this tissue begins at the outer side of each labia minora. In your case I would recommend both a Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hood Reduction - this would give you the best aesthetic result.

I hope you had your procedure and that it met your expectations.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Clitoral hooding

It appears from the second picture that your clitoral hood is not excessive, but rather there is redundant skin laterally that is keeping your clitoris rom being exposed. This skin can be directly removed as a stand alone procedure or removed in conjunction with a labiaplasty if you have concerns with your labia minora. 

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Extended wedge labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction

You can have the clitoral hood reduction alone, or the "hoodectomy" and wedge labiaplasty performed together. The scars for the hood reduction would be hidden in each crease (similar to where your white line drawings are placed in the photo).

Here is the full procedure (above) in my OR.

Link below to my pricing.

Concerns with positionof clitoris

It appears that you could benefit from a clitoral hood reduction. This can be part of a labiaplasty or also done as a stand alone procedure. Consult with an experienced surgeon, see many before and after photos and then decide.  Below is a gallery of patient results. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty for Labia Minora Covering Clitoris

Enlarged labia minora sometimes extend alongside the clitoral hood. Most clitoral hood reductions at the time of labia minora reduction labiaplasty involve the removal of this excess tissue. In some cases it is one-sided, in your case it is bilateral and prominent. In these situations, it is usually best to conduct an extended front-to-back labiaplasty the includes this excess tissue so that you are left with a contour from front to back.

Clitoral hood reduction

Reduction of the secondary clitoral hood will help expose the primary hood and the clitoris and also often help with certain types of orgasms.

Susan Kolb, MD

Expose clitoris more

Clitoral hood reduction may be an effective way to increase stimulation of the clitoris.  I frequently combine it with labiaplasty to achieve beautiful results.