Anyone with experience on Hydrasolve? I understand this is the same technology as used in removing cataracts.

Want to get my stomach reduced and treat my upper chest.

Hydrasolve liposuction technology

I am one of the original Hydrasolve plastic surgeons.  The advantage of this technology is a relatively less traumatic removal of the fat and the use of smaller diameter cannulas.  A second benefit is that this technique is more efficient and so generally requires less anesthesia and OR time.  Our experience also suggests that recovery times may also be shorter. 

And yes, this is an outgrowth of the original cataract removal technology.

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Benefits of HydraSolve

One advantage of HydraSolve over other energy devices that aid with liposuction relates to a relatively atraumatic fat harvest. I have noticed subjectively less bruising with this technique and comparable if not lower levels of patient discomfort when compared with laser-assisted and ultrasound-assisted liposuction both of which I also use frequently. Perhaps the biggest advantage, however, is with fat grafting. A relatively atraumatic technique can lead to a higher percentage of viable fat cells, and a higher percentage of harvested fat relative to other cells. These qualities can improve the effectiveness and efficiency of fat grafting for breast reconstruction, buttock augmentation, and other applications. As noted by the other contributors, technology is never a substitute for surgeon experience, attention, and skill so it is always important that you research not just the technology, but also your board-certified plastic surgeon.

HydraSolve information

HydraSolve is a revolutionary new method of fat removal. It is indeed based on a technology that was developed by Dr. Mark Andrew to remove cataracts. The technology involves a much kinder, gentler method of removal through a process known as tissue liquefaction. Essentially, the fat, connective tissue, nerves and vessels are pulled into the cannula and an internal stream of warmed, pressurized saline hits the tissue causing release of the fat cells only. The nerves, vessels and other tissue fall back into the body unharmed.

Unlike the other reviewers, I have significant experience with the device and can tell you that it really is different from other methods of liposuction. I have removed fairly large amounts of fat with much less bruising and overall quicker recovery. It also is faster for removing large volumes of fat when compared to other traditional methods. You can search Google for hydrasolve to learn more about this exciting new technology.

Bruce W. Van Natta, MD

Hydrasolve

These technique is very unique to use in cases, my suggestion is for you to talk to your Doctor if you already have one, if not then do your research on different Doctors and find out if they really have the credentials to perform this procedure. This is very similar or alike to the Ultrasonic Liposuction effect.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.