What to Expect During Gastric Bypass Consultation

Looking around for doctors and have made one appointment so far. What will happen during the appointment? 

How to prepare for a Gastric Bypass consultation

During your first appointment with a bariatric surgeon, you will be asked to provide clear and accurate documentation of your current and past medical problems as well as any medications that you are taking. Also it s beneficial to gather a 2 to 5 year history of being overweight and this can be achieved by obtaining records from previous primary care doctor visits, ob-gyn visits, orthopedic visits, etc. You may also bring proof that you have tried non-surgical methods to loose weight such weight watcher or jenny craig or a similar structured plan that you may have participated in.  A little research about the surgeries prior to seeing your doctor will also help understand the dialogue much better. 

Houston General Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Houston General Surgeon

Gastric Bypass consultation

All surgeons have different ways of performing consultations.  I like to perform a one on one private consultation with patients and explain all of the risks, benefits, and alternatives of the various weight loss procedures that are available.  I then answer any questions the patients may have. usually you do not need to bring anything with you.  If you have a complex medical history you may want to bring a list of any medications you take.

Gastric Bypass consultation