Can Excess Fat Be Taken from the Vagina?

Doctor Answers 6

Yes fat reduction from the vaginal area can easily be done using liposuction.

Most often excess fat is found in the mons area with some extension into the labia majora.  If you have good skin tone and young then no removal of skin will be necessary.  This procedure can either be done under local or general anesthesia.  You would wear compression underwear after surgery to minimize swelling.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

Fat accumulations in the external genitalia (vagina, labia, mons)


The vagina does not accumulate fat. However, of the external genitalia, fat can be localized to the mons pubis or labia majora. I have attached a video which describes the anatomy.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 82 reviews

Excess fat in vaginal area.

The area surrounding the vagina or mons pubis as it is known often enlarges with weight gain and is a concern to women. This can be easily addressed with liposuction or excisional surgery under local anesthesia.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 109 reviews

Liposuction of the pubic area

You are most likely referring to the "mons pubis" and yes, you can have the excess fat removed through Liposuction from that area.

Thank you for your question.

Usha Rajagopal, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Excess fat around the vagina

Normally, woman can accumulate excess fat in the pubic area or even in the outer areas of the vagina. These areas can be liposuctioned. If there is excess skin, then skin can be trimmed which may help with the overall appearance.

Sharon Theresa McLaughlin MD
Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Mons

If you feel that the mons pubis is too full and fatty, liposuction can absolutely be performed in the area to help decrease it.  Good luck!

Sacha Obaid, MD
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 135 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.