Excess Facial Fat/"baby" Face. What Are My Options To Get Rid Of Excess Facial Fat? (photo)

I'm 19 years old, 5'4 and 125 lbs. I am neither fat nor skinny, but have what many call a "baby face." How do I get rid of this excess facial fat? Is it a matter of weight loss, buccal fat removal, facial liposuction, or a combination of those mentioned above?

Doctor Answers 2

Baby Face and Buccal Fat Pad Removal at young age

Hello Sms3143,


Thank you for sharing your photographs.


Sculpting your face and keeping it natural is a complex task especially when considering the buccal fat pad removal at early age. Your chin is a great facial feature shaping your face to be more oval than round.


Buccal fat pad will undergo atrophy as age progresses. Therefore, the surgery should be conservatively performed with the right candidate.

Only a surgeon with extensive experience is to provide you with great results and enhance the natural beauty of your face.


With the photographs you have uploaded and without physical examination, it is hard to determine the right solution.


Best of Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 195 reviews

Slimmer baby face at young age

first, 125 lbs is usually about 10-15 lbs to heavy unless you have an inherited family tendency to a full face and a slightly chubby body ( just guessing ).losing the weight might make a big difference alone.

my guess is that your best great look would be the buccal fat removal combined with A beautiful cheek bone implant enhancement and maybe even an improved chin-jaw shape ,difficult to determine from the photos you posted. Maybe even a little neck contouring - again difficult to assess from your photos .

You can call my office staff if you wish to receive more information and advice on how to proceed from here. You are A very pretty girl and could benefit greatly from some or all of my suggestions! 

Warmest regards, Dr Terino

Edward O. Terino, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.